James Bay Inn Social Media Update
Starting October 31st Facebook will begin removing the “Notes” feature from business facebook pages. As such our current notes, Welcome To Our Facebook and Contest Rules will not be available in the coming days. The removal of these notes will not change our vision of promoting a friendly, informative and enjoyable experience on all of our digital media spaces. However, the delivery of our contest rules will change. In our continued commitment to transparency and holding ourselves accountable to our digital media audience, we are moving these notes into our blog.
James Bay Inn Code of Conduct
Keeping in line with the James Bay Inn’s commitment to providing our fans and everyone in the digital world a safe place to engage, it is important that fans or anyone engaging on our Facebook, Instagram or any other digital platform managed by the James Bay Inn understand that we all must conduct ourselves in a respectful, tolerant and dignified manner.
Therefore, content and comments containing any of the following are not allowed for posting on our page and will be removed as soon as possible without notice:
Profane, defamatory, offensive or violent language
“Trolling”, or posting deliberately disruptive statements meant to hijack comment threads or throw discussions off-track
Attacks on specific groups or any comments meant to harass, threaten or abuse an individual
Hateful or discriminatory comments regarding race, ethnicity, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation or political beliefs
Links or comments containing sexually explicit content material
Discussion of illegal activity
Spam, link baiting or files containing viruses that could damage the operation of other people’s computers or mobile devices
Acknowledgement of intent to stalk an individual or collect private information without disclosure
Commercial solicitations or promotion of a competitor
Violations of copyright or intellectual property rights
Content that relates to confidential or proprietary business or personal information
Content determined to be inappropriate, in poor taste, or otherwise contrary to the purposes of the forum
Promoting competing products, services, or brands
We reserve the right to delete, edit or hide any post at any time without notification.
From time to time the James Bay Inn Hotel will hold contests. We have created a set of blanket rules that are held with all contests. These blanket rules are automatically included mentioned or not with any specific instructions on any specific contest.
- No Purchase Necessary
- Winners are eligible to win again at any time. Odds
- of winning depend on the number of entries.
- Purchase does not enhance or improve your chances of winning.
- Contests are held on our Facebook or Instagram or in some cases both.
- All contests on Facebook or Instagram are a single contest.
- Not to be confused with one contest per platform.
- You must be a current resident of the Greater Victoria Area.
- Prizes are to be accepted as awarded and offer no cash value.
- Winners are chosen at random. Where a question is part of participation, there is no wrong, right or preferred answer.
- Entries of pictures, videos or content must be your original work and can not have been used in a previous contest.
- Contestants may enter all contests one time on each platform where the contest is posted, for up to a total of two times. Multiple entries on a single platform are strictly prohibited. To prevent the possibility of fraudulent or duplicate entries, contestants are required to use their real name that is associated with their specific social media platform. For example: If you are listed as John Black on Facebook and your real name is Harry Guy, the prize can only be issued to John Black as John Black was announced as the winner. To be clear entries made using a Facebook or Instagram account that have names that do not match their valid government-issued identification are automatically disqualified.
- Prizes can only be accepted by the declared winner.
- Prizes must be picked up in person by the winner.
- Valid provincial identification is required upon pick up of all prizes.
- All contests and prizing is at the sole responsibility of the James Bay Inn Hotel and is no way part of Facebook or Instagram.
- To ensure the integrity of the contest we reserve the right to publish the name and photo of all winners on any Social Media Platform. Winner’s pictures or names will never be used directly or indirectly to promote the James Bay Inn Hotel.
- The James Bay Inn respects your privacy and does not share or collect what it considers to be confidential information. Information such as an address, email or phone number is considered to be personal information.
- The James Bay Inn reserves the right to disqualify any such entrants or declared winners that are in breach of the said contest rules.
- Prizes must be picked up within 30 days or the prize is automatically forfeited without notice and re-gifted for another contest at a later date.
- Terms are subject to change without notice. It is advised that you review these terms and any additional terms as posted in our blog prior to entering each contest held by James Bay Inn Pub, James Bay Inn Restaurant or the James Bay Inn Hotel.
If you have any questions regarding our social media policies or wish to report a violation of our policies please forward an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your concerns.